Are you tired of discoloration or yellow stains on your teeth? Would you love to have pearly white teeth again? If so, then professional teeth whitening is for you! Most people have some degree of tooth discoloration as this is natural as we age and can be made worse with those who smoke, brush their teeth poorly, floss infrequently, or drink coffee and tea. Stained teeth can make you self-conscious, as your teeth are one of the first things people see when you smile. Teeth whitening is becoming increasingly popular. The global market for teeth whitening products is predicted to grow over $7.4 billion by 2024. There are many products you can buy at the store that claim to be able to whiten your teeth, but why risk wasting money when you can come in for professional teeth whitening?
Is Professional Teeth Whitening Worth it?
There are many over-the-counter teeth whitening products that you may see at the stores such as teeth whitening strips, toothpastes, and teeth whitening kits. The problem with these products is that you may end up spending hundreds of dollars for things that may not even work or will only last for a short period of time. Even though professional teeth whitening costs more than buying a product at the store, it is worth it. The benefits of professional teeth whitening is you will have results that will last, and will not have to continuously buy whitening products at the store that won’t work as well or last as long.
How Long Do Professional Teeth Whitening Results Last?
The length of the results lasting depends on the teeth whitening treatment that is used. Professional whitening results will last a lifetime, with proper maintenance. Often the recommended maintenance protocol for professional teeth whitening is to wear whitening trays one night per month.
9 Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening:
- Comfortable Treatment: Many over-the-counter treatments can cause immediate tooth or gum sensitivity. While whitening your teeth, we offer a desensitizer to prevent sensitivity and a properly fitting tray so that the gums are not irritated by the whitening gel.
- Safe Treatment: Many over-the-counter whitening products have acid stabilizers to increase shelf life. Over time, this acid will erode and damage tooth enamel. Our professional whitening gels (Such as Kor Whitening products developed by Rod Kurthy) do not contain such stabilizers. Instead Kor Whitening products are refrigerated from the time of manufacture until they reach the patient- resulting in a much more effective product that does not contain damaging stabilizers.
- Affordable Approach: Unlike most life-changing medical treatments that are too expensive for most, professional teeth whitening is within the limits of most people. Although more expensive than over-the-counter treatments, it will last longer and require fewer treatments.
- Stronger, More Thorough Whitening: The whitening gel and treatments used at your dentist will be at a professional strength that you cannot get at your local store. Your dentist will also make sure to determine the exact cause of your stained teeth and create the treatment plan.
- Enhanced Self-esteem: We all know that a smile is one of the first things we notice in others. We can feel self-conscious if our teeth have stains or yellowing. Professional teeth whitening will help restore the confidence in your smile.
- Improved Professional Life: Studies have shown that people with a whiter smile are perceived as being more financially successful. This will help you appear more trustworthy and dependable in interviews and meetings to give you an advantage.
- Boosts Positive Self Image: If you are someone who is constantly looking at yourself in the mirror at your yellow and stained teeth, having them be white again will be a huge boost in your self image and happiness. You will feel happier and more confident with your brighter smile.
- Brighter Smile: Having a brighter smile will make you stand out and cause people to notice you more. It is a known fact that appearances are one of the first things that people notice and pay attention to. Having a brighter smile could lead to a brighter future with jobs and more.
- Post-whitening Advice: After your professional whitening treatment, your dentist will advise you on how to maintain the brightness of your teeth. This may include things like oral hygiene, diet, and lifestyle changes such as not smoking.
If you are looking to brighten your smile by whitening your teeth, professional teeth whitening could be a great solution for you. Contact us today to book an appointment to see how you can get confidence-building teeth whitening in Roanoke, Virginia!